If you are looking for simple ground beef recipes, I hope this list of some of my favorites provides you with what you’re looking for or at least spurs some easy dinner ideas of your own.
I am a fan of quick easy dinner recipes that begin with ground beef. (I actually prefer hamburgers and meatloaf to steak.)
When time is short and I’m looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner, my mind naturally gravitates towards simple ground beef recipes with just a few easy-to-find ingredients that might already be in the pantry.
Ground beef is so versatile. (And if it’s a concern, organic and/or grass fed ground beef are getting easier to find.) (Ground turkey can be substituted for the beef in most all these recipes too. The key to easy healthy balanced eating is figuring out what works for you.)
Easy Spaghetti Casserole
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
This is one of my favorite quick and easy dinner recipes. You can make it in minutes and everyone loves it. I am a big fan of easy casserole recipes because they are simple to make, satisfying to eat and my family loves them.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, peeled and cut into slices
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups tomato based spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
4 cups cooked spaghetti
2 tablespoons shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Crumble in the ground beef and add the onion and garlic. Break up the ground beef and stir until the beef is brown all over and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and place the cooked beef in a large mixing bowl. Add the mushroom soup, spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese, the cooked spaghetti and 1/2 cup water. Stir until everything is well mixed.
4. Transfer the spaghetti mixture to a 9×13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish and spread it out evenly in the dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
Simple Inside Out Stuffed Pepper Skillet
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This is a great easy fast dinner recipe, perfect when you have some leftover rice in the fridge. It’s perfect for those nights when everybody’s hungry and you need to get dinner on the table fast.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion and pepper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir and break up the beef, cooking until the beef is browned and onion and pepper are soft.
2. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in the cooked rice and tomato sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is heated through.
by Martha McKinnon