Today, we are going to talk about the birthday cake which is made many times in our family as we have many family members. The number of times we need to bring cake home can even increase if we live in a joint family.
Birthday is such a special occasion in one’s life and if you celebrate this moment with somebody, then you feel very happy. I think if you prepared birthday cakes at home, it shows that you really value that person in your family whose birthday you are celebrating together.
According to us, one should know how to get the birthday cakes ready that too in a professional style which can only be done if you know some tricks and essential ingredients. Moreover, you need to try the recipe of cake few times in order to be perfectionist.
Ingredients for the Cake:
- One tablespoon baking powder
- One and half cups of sugar
- Three cups of all-purpose flour
- One cup of milk
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Over half a cup softened Butter
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Four large Eggs
Ingredients for Cake Frosting:
- Six cups of powdered sugar
- Over half a cup of softened Butter
- About half a teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- About half a cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
How to Prepare Birthday Cakes
- First of all, you need to heat oven to 350°F. Also, grease and flour two round baking pans which are 9 inches.
- Mix baking powder, half teaspoon salt and flour in a bowl.
- Then beat sugar and butter in another bowl from low to medium speed. Do this until you get a smooth texture.
- After this, add eggs. Make sure you add one egg at a time and beat it and then add the another and beat it too. You need to beat all the eggs well before you add flour and milk in it. Beat all these ingredients to get a smooth mixture. You can beat them on a low speed.
- Now the batter for cake is ready. Divide it equally to put in the pans. Bake the cake for about 30 minutes or you can even have a toothpick test.
- Once it is done, you can put the pans to cool down on racks for about 10-12 minutes. Then try to take out the cake from pans safely with the help of a knife. Let it also cool completely.
Steps for Preparing Frosting for Cake
- Beat about a cup of butter in bowl from low to medium speed until the creamy form is obtained. In this, you can add powdered sugar as well as just more than half a teaspoon of salt with whipping cream. You can even add other ingredients like one teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat them all until mixed very well.
- Now, place one cake on a plate, make sure the frost side remains on the top. Do the same with the other take the another cake and put it on the first one keeping the frost side on the top and bottom at the other cake with frost side.
After this, you can give the final form to your cake, by decorating it.