Binagol, often known as binangol, is a candy delicacy originating from Leyte, an island within the Visayas. There are a number of variations of this recipe, some makes use of chocolate flavors and a few with nuts and butter. This recipe is the better model, even though.
The Taro root combination is contained in polished coconut shells, thus the title binagol from the foundation phrase “bagol”, a visayan time period which accurately method coconut shells. On account of the abundance of coconut bushes on this tropical nation, you’re going to certainly to find many types of cuisine the use of coconuts as packaging. Cooking this recipe could also be a tedious procedure however the completed product is definitely worth the effort.
- 1 cup wealthy coconut milk (from 2 medium coconuts)
- ¾ cups uncooked gabi or Taro root (shredded)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ can complete cream condensed milk
- four egg yolks
- wilted banana leaves
- four medium coconut shells (wiped clean)
- string for tying
- Mix shredded Taro root, coconut milk and brown sugar. Position in a thick-bottomed pan and prepare dinner over medium warmth for roughly 6 mins whilst stirring continuously. Scale back warmth to low and cross on cooking for 10 extra mins.
- Upload the condensed milk and prepare dinner for every other 20 mins over low warmth, stirring frequently.
- Fill the shells with the cooked combination. Within the middle, make a smartly and drop 1 uncooked egg yolk for every. Quilt most sensible with the cooked Taro combination and unfold easily. Fill very with reference to the coconut shell’s brim.
- Use two layers of the wilted banana leaves to hide the crammed coconut shells and use the strings to tie securely.
- Steam for part an hour.