Today we are going to talk about how you can prepare the pickle of big red chilli. You can even try this pickle recipe these days also as you can easily take out some time. This is something which can be kept for longer. So, you can have it with different dishes. Everyone likes pickles and this one is not very spicy also. You need to stuff the red chillies for preparing this pickle and it does not take long in preparing this Red Chilli Pickle Recipe. The best part of this pickle is that it can be served with a variety of food items like parantha, mathri or any other meal.
The ingredients to prepare Red Chilli Pickle Recipe:
So, now we will tell you what all you need to prepare this pickle.
Red chilly powder:
We put some red chilly powder as red chilies are not very spicy. So, take at least 500 grams of it.
Rai powder is taken for giving it the unique flavor and if you know that rai is also used to give it a bit sour taste. Take at least 70 grams of rai powder.
Saung powder is added just to again enhance the little flavor in it. It is also used to give cooling effect. Take at least 30 grams of it.
Amchur is sour in taste. When we add it in anything, it improves the taste of that dish. It will help you make the red chilly taste sour instead of spicy. Take at least 40 grams of it.
Dhaniya powder is one kind of spices which has to be added to almost every dish. It basically improves the stuffing of red chillies. Take at least 1 teaspoon of it.
It is basically used to give it spicy flavor, so that it has a good combination of spice and sourness. Take at least 1 teaspoon of it like dhaniya powder.
Heeng is used to enhance the flavour. Half teaspoon is enough for pickle.
This is the most important thing which we need to give it the right taste, anything is almost incomplete without salt. Take 70 grams of it or as per your taste.
Mustard oil is used in every salty pickle. It even helps the pickle stay good for longer. 125 milligram mustard oil is enough.
Read Also:- Easy Method to Bake a Milk Cake at Home
How to prepare the pickle:
- First of all, wash the chilies and keep them in sun to get dry completely.
- Make sure when you start the process of stuffing them, they are not wet.
- Then make a cut on every chilly, it has to be one long straight cut. Take our the seeds from it.
- Next, you need to heat oil in a pan. When you see that it becomes very light after getting heated, put it off the flame to cool down.
- Take a bowl to mix all the above-mentioned ingredients with some mustard oil. This mixture should be tight enough, it should not be very oily.
- After this, you can start filling the chillies either with the help of knife or a spoon. Make sure you press the mixture hard in order to get it set in the chilly, so that it does not come out easily.
- When you have stuffed all the chillies, take a jar of glass and put all the stuffed chillies in it.
- You need to keep this jar in sunlight for at least 6 days.
- You don’t need to shake the jar, only that you have to show it sunlight.
- After 6 days, add the remaining oil which you boiled to prepare the mixture and then again keep it in sunlight for another 2-3 days.
Now your red chilly pickle is ready to serve with a variety of dishes. Enjoy it.
Read Also:- Layered Chocolate Cake from Scratch