Steam Chicken Momos
Whenever we talk about mouth-watering snacks we never forget to mention the name of this Tibetan cuisine, momos. It’s basically a dumpling stuffed with a savory filling. This delectable dish is easy to cook and is high in protein as it is stuffed with luscious chicken. Let’s now learn how to make steam chicken momos afresh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 25-30 minutes
For momo dough
- 3 cups of white flour/maida
- 1 tsp salt
- Water to knead
- Oil to grease
For the filling
- 1 cup chicken boiled and minced
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 4 chilli finely chopped
- 1tsp crushed pepper
- 1tsp salt
- Oil to sauté
- In a deep bowl take 3-cup white flour/maida and add 1-tsp salt in it. Slowly add water and start kneading. Once it is done keep it aside with a cover on the bowl.
- For the filling heat a pan in the gas with 6-tsp oil and sauté 6-garlic clove, 2-inch ginger, 4-chillies. Also add 1/2 chopped onion and sauté them all in high gas flame.
- Now add boiled minced chicken and boiled green peas and stir fry them all on high flame.
- Take the mixture off the heat and season with1tsp crushed pepper and 1tsp salt. The momo filling is ready to use.
- Take dough bowl and pull out a small ball and flatten it.
- Dust some dry flour in the flattened dough and start rolling with a rolling pin. Roll out medium thin circle which has a diameter of 4-5 inches. Remember to roll from the edges and keep the center thick.
- Take a scoop of filling and place it in the center of the wrapper
- Gently start making pleats of the edges as you close and seal the edge making a round dumpling.
- Place your wrapped momos on a piece of parchment paper or grease steamer with some oil and leave it to cook well for the next 15 minuites.
- The steam chicken momo recipe is finally complete and can now be served with momo chutney.